Sunday, April 19, 2009

The parting of the Red Sea

Yesterday night around 11 we went to see Erik Mátrai's instalation at the Rumbach Street Synagogue. It was one of the best video instalation I've seen in years. The simple concept worked at its best in the ruined synagogue that is beautifully patterened and painted in Islamic style. The sounds worked amazing in this space and it really made me feel like being in a dream sequence with the nicely lit running water and the dark somptuous temple with magic inscriptions in flames. I didn't feel so deeply connected to a work of art in years. After getting out I was feeling high, even if the joint came only later with the wine. This project gave me a lot of hope, I want to start working again on my theatrical magic.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails