Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Mayor Douchebag

The mayor of Constanta, Radu Mazare went with his 13 years old son to see the Valkyrie Operation movie, where Tom Cruise plays the unsuccessful Hitler assassin. It is not just another Nazi exploitation movie: it hardly affected the mayor. And with a twist: father and son left feeling so inspired that both decided to wear Nazi uniforms to a fashion show and goose-step on the runway over the weekend.




Even if Romania constantly denied Holocaust till 2004, wearing Nazi uniforms is still illegal and Mazare can get a prison sentence of up to three years. In theory. Even if the Centre for Monitoring and Combating Anti-Semitism sent a letter to the country's general prosecutor urging an investigation of Mazare for breaking the law and instigating a child to follow his example, Csaba Asztalos, the director of the National Agency Against Discrimination said that he won't be prosecuted because this law never applies in Romania. And this is the shock element for me. Not that a social democrat mayor dresses up in Nazi uniform and makes a ridiculous and horrible statement:

I was inspired from the Valkyrie movie ... I wanted to dress like a Vehrmacht general because I've always liked this uniform, and admired the rigorous organisation of the German army.

that comes connected to another declaration:

By no means did I intend to harm and I do not agree with the war and I didn't want to offend the Jews or the Israeli community, with which I'm in a very good relationship and which possibly focused most of their investments in Romania in Constanta.

His lack of basic logic is kind of well known: I heard him a couple of weeks ago making plenty of sexist comments and when the reporter asked him about his misogynism he very confidently replied:

Nonsense, everyone knows that I love women.

It is really worrying that this case is treated by media as a celebrity scandal, the only concern is about international criticism and the fact that Romania will look bad. The fact that wearing Nazi uniforms is treated as something cool and humorous, that Mazare won't be prosecuted because the law never applied before, that he treats this case as something irrelevant. He even said

for how many complaints I already have, is there any problem if I have another one?

and even victimized himself with:

Nevertheless, it was only a fashion catwalk. It shouldn't have received such attention, but in Romania we're generally inquisitors.)

Let's not forget, as Csaba Asztalos said

Mazare is not a top model, but a person with a public position. It is not about
a parade of military uniforms.

And there is still no comment from prosecutors. Probably they are waiting for the whole scandal to pass so that they can get back to their daily routine. And the mayor can continue his political career and job. Because when it comes to make some privileged politicians loose some of their benefits, everything freezes and laws stop to function.

10 comments:

joacadeamine said...

eu am incercat sa raspund aici
http://bazavan.tabu.ro/2009/07/21/quote-of-the-day-in-time-despre-radu-mazare/
la unele din aspectele evenimentului mazare.
incerc sa ma conving ca nu (mai) exista antisemitism, dar cred ca adevaratul antisemitism se manifesta prin pozitionarea alaturi de mazare si mai putin prin gestul necugetat al primarului. hmmm...

lukacs said...

am citit ce ai raspuns, ai observat foarte bine principala problema: cazul de antisemitism este atat de mult rupt de orice context incat devine un eveniment absolut abstract (vezi comentariile nenumarate pe anticomunism etc. cineva spunea de antifrumos si antibine la romani - Nu, nu e vorba de asa ceva! nu despre asta discutam, foarte bine ai spus tu acolo) Pe de alta parte, Mazare este antisemit prin performance si prin declaratii, iar antisemitismul lui este tipic romanesc as spune (si aici sunt de acord iar cu tine): un antisemitism banal, "de bun simt" (exact ce observa Arendt la romani si la Eichmann in "Banalitatea raului"). Si iata cum aceleasi apucaturi nu mor in 70 ani...

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may begin earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with offices everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to choose a proper partner who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://sosytaza.kogaryu.com/odiqov.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , probably very interested to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I`m happy and lucky, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct companion who uses your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I make 2G daily, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ycilisexyc.lookseekpages.com/hazysy.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hi !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can collect a huge starting capital .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

It is based in Panama with structures around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your choice That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first investment was 500 dollars only!
It`s easy to get involved , just click this link http://dyvozoziw.ibnsites.com/aryquku.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Hello !.
You re, I guess , probably curious to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no initial capital needed You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates around the world.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a correct companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s the AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://evufirara.arcadepages.com/gonyduwe.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to become rich

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You re, I guess , probably very interested to know how one can reach 2000 per day of income .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may start to get income with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
The company incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with offices around the world.
Do you want to become an affluent person?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I`m happy and lucky, I started to get real money with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to select a correct partner utilizes your funds in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://emohuvybef.freewaywebhost.com/jycaqy.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to feel the smell of real money

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can make real money on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may commense to get income with a money that usually is spent
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to let you know my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theblogmoney.com

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Nowadays, I feel good, I started to get real money.
It gets down to choose a proper companion who uses your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, parts and divides the profit with me.

You may ask, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to tell the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]

Anonymous said...

Hello!
You may probably be very curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields on investments.
There is no initial capital needed.
You may begin to get income with a money that usually goes
on daily food, that's 20-100 dollars.
I have been participating in one company's work for several years,
and I'll be glad to share my secrets at my blog.

Please visit my pages and send me private message to get the info.

P.S. I make 1000-2000 per day now.

http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails