Thursday, December 18, 2008

Salome dream

Oscar Wilde as Salome

I woke up this morning with one of the most weird dreams about a performance. It was something related to Salome by Oscar Wilde, a play I haven't thought about it for a while. Salome was played by an actress that i've worked with before, i won't tell her name for superstition :) I haven't seen anything of the show, just setting up the stage and trying to rehearse a bit, fixing the lights and so on. The location was important: it was set up in a Turkish bath, something similar to Rudas Furdo, but bigger, with some stone stairs in the middle of the main pool. The stairs were 5-6 meters high and they were old, shaking and falling. We were struggling to rehearse but the stairs were keep falling, we couldn't find the right ones to use. It was a relocation of an already made performance but the new elements, the water from the bath and the shaky stairs were changing the story and I was thinking how can I deal with it to support my own staging. I still don't know how this staging was made but it was connected strangely enough to Hedda Gabler. My hysterical ghosts again...


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails